Thursday, April 8, 2010

Toffee Bars



A simple yet delicious cookie recipe, Toffee Bars were a nice recipe break between all the main dishes we've been doing lately. After mixing all the other ingredients and cooking them in a casserole pan, because we don't have a "jelly roll pan", whatever that is, Ash then put chocolate chips on top, spread them, and then froze the whole mixture until solid. I'd recommend anyone add this recipe to their cookie repertoire.
Ash: They're delicious!!! I will totally make these again.

3 comments:

  1. These are one of my favorites recipes-Marian made them, and I typically put the cookies in a 9x13" lasagna type dish and once I have spread on the chips and they've melted, I put it in the refrig. for a while to harden. Don't freeze them...They don't have to be kept in refrig. unless it is hot weather. Love,Mum PS-do you remember these from childhood, Tim?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy i love these cookies... you have to make jane's magic cookie bars too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. re mom: We froze due to time constraints, they still worked, just sort of broke up weirdly at first. Ash brought a bunch of the cookies into work, and they vanished almost instantly. I do remember having these as a kid, that's one of the main reasons I decided to make them again.
    re wendy: we plan to make magic cookie bars as our next cookie, maybe.

    ReplyDelete